I will imagine that everyone reading this desires a better life. There is no limit to what you can achieve in life for as long as you are diligent in working principles of growth and personal success. I will share with you some success factors that you must know in order to start moving forward in life. Each one of these success factors are proven to be critical in the achievement of the best life possible for anyone. By systematically implementing these in your life, you can rapidly attain to greater heights in your life and career.
1. Get wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Solomon who is famed to be the wisest and richest man that ever lived said in one of his proverbs, “get wisdom, knowledge and understanding”. In society it tends to follow that those who have a higher degree of education are higher paid. I am not limiting this to formal education, but in whatever field you are in life and career, pursue after wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Knowledge is simply accumulating information, while wisdom seeks to apply knowledge to create a solution. Understanding is your ability to increase on your knowledge base so you can create more solutions. In your life and career, as you increase your skill, through learning and applying what has been learned, you get better and better, and ultimately more efficient, leading you to your best life.
2. Increase your social capital. The second factor in moving towards your best life is in increasing your social capital. Each person you meet carries potential and a resource that may be necessary for moving you into your next level. This is why it is important to treat each person you meet very specially. Never look down on them because of where they may be at a particular time. Develop the soft skill to treat each person like they are the most important person you have met that day. As you do so, you are sowing seeds that will produce a beneficial harvest for you. The more people you know, the more known you are by people.
3. Develop a sound financial plan. One of the most important things to many people is money. In the world we live in today, money is how we typically transact business. A person without money is in a tight position having limited options available. The problem for many people is not the lack of money, but the mismanagement of funds. You may have mad bad financial decisions in the past, but you can always start today with making proper ones to further move you towards your best life.
4. Be hardworking. For you to achieve your best life, you must be a hard worker. Opportunities abound all around us, and those who work hard are the ones that will make the most of opportunities that are available. In the making of successful people, there is no substitute for hard work. For you to move towards your best life, you must learn to be hardworking. Those that work average hours receive average rewards in life, but the more challenging opportunities in life are reserved for those who will put in above average effort, but they face less competition and are usually more rewarding.
5. Strengthen your character. The strength of your character is probably the most important success factor because it is character and integrity that bear the weight of success. Solomon in the proverbs said that a good name is to be chosen over great riches. A person who is trustworthy will always be the best candidate to transact with. Be committed to your words. Let people be able rest assured based on what you say and a handshake. A person of character is true to his or her word and conscience, and not one to seek the approval of others.
6. Control your thoughts. Your thoughts determine the outcome of your life. A person who is constantly negative and allows situations to dictate how he or she lives will be a victim in life. The degree of our happiness is consistent with the degree to which we feel we are in control of our lives. You can take charge of your life by taking charge of your thoughts. To live your best life, learn to be positive in your thoughts and in your speech. Be enthusiastic about your goals, let your life exude passion and confidence in everything you do. Have an image of yourself being all that you were created to be and enjoying your best life now. As you do these, you will find that people and resources that will help you move forward in life will come your way.
7. Grow spiritually. At the core of every human being is the human spirit. It is the source of all life, controlling how we live. A person who is not at peace with God can never really find true satisfaction in life. For many people, this is where they are lacking. Steps one to six wont really mean much if this is not sorted out. For you to be well rounded in life, you must pursue after oneness with God, because it is in that place of fellowship that life is bliss.
I’ll like to hear from you, so please share your thoughts and comment below!